Evenementen van EFUS
Webinars en oproepen tot EFUS projecten
Our European partner, Efus, invites you every Tuesday and Thursday at 2pm for a series of one hour thematic webconferences. Moderated by our team with contributions of one or more local actors and experts, these online debates will be the opportunity to share your experiences of the crisis. These webconferences are firstly intended for Efus members, but are also open to interested non-members, subject to availability. They will be held in English or in French. Please note that you have to register seperately for each session.
The SARS-CoV-2 and the measures taken to control its spread affect all of us, however they hit those inhabitants of our cities who are already coping with difficult living conditions particularly hard. In the early stages of the epidemic and the shutdown, it quickly became clear that the lives of homeless persons and people who use drugs in public space are particularly affected. The services municipalities provided to these groups have difficulties adapting to the measures taken, and partly had to be limited or even suspended. In this situation, local authorities and harm reduction workers are faced with many pressing questions: How can harm reduction services adapt and keep running? What support is needed and possible in cases of suspected or confirmed infections? How can quarantine measures be implemented in situations of homelessness and/or active drug use? Cities and NGOs are closely cooperating to find responses to these questions – this session will enable an exchange on these responses and related issues.
- 9 April 2020 - 2pm : How to support vulnerable groups under conditions of COVID-19 shutdown?
- 14 April - 2pm : How to respond to the increase of domestic violence?
- 16 April - 2pm : Will social distancing aggravate polarisation?
- 21 April - 2pm : How to reconfigure security cooperation in a time of crisis?
- 23 April - 2pm : Does the crisis change the forms of criminality in cities?
- 30 April - 2pm : What are the evolutions of crisis communication towards the the population?
- 5 May – 2pm : How can displays of solidarity reinforce cities in a crisis?
- 15/4/2020 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM: PRACTICIES Final Conference - Webinar 3 and Closing Session - Radicalisation prevention policies and strategies : Het PRACTICIES-project voerde een Europees onderzoek uit naar de perceptie van extremisme door jongeren en ontwikkelde een systematische psychologische benadering van radicaliserings- en deradicaliseringsprocessen. Hoe worden jongeren in verschillende regio’s van Europa getroffen door de opkomst van extremisme en wat kan er worden gedaan om hen te ondersteunen en hun veerkracht te versterken? Onderzoekers, beoefenaars en jongerenvertegenwoordigers bespreken deze vragen en de belangrijkste resultaten van hun onderzoek. Nicolas Becuwe, KANTAR Dounia Bouzar, Bouzar Expertises Yanis Lamari, Youth ID Moderators : Moritz Konradi, Efus.
- 27/3/2020 11:00-12:30 : EFUS Webinar Eindconferentie PRACTICIES : Perceptie van jongeren over extremisme, resultaten van een Europees onderzoek en bevindingen vanuit een psychologische benadering
- Bijkomende informatie
- 22/4/2020 11:00 AM : LOUD-Webinar 2 : Maria Lozano, expert on preventing and combating violent radicalisation, member of the Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN) Steering Committee.
- 19/3/2020 : LOUD-Webinar 1: Creating alternative narratives at the local level", with Maria Lozano, expert on preventing and combating violent radicalisation, member of the Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN) Steering Committee. "The role of alternative narratives in preventing discrimination, polarisation and radicalisation at the local level" : What do successful alternative narrative campaigns look like? Which actors should be involved and what is their role? What are the benefits of this involvement and what would further collaboration look like? Please send your questions, comments and feedback here.
Oproep tot kandidaturen van de Belgische steden leden van EFUS om op een Europees project van EFUS deel te nemen